Monday, September 8, 2008

DHL Volunteer Day 23.08.08


It was almost instant that I made the decision to participate in this meaningful event after seeing the broadcast....

So some of us gathered ourselves and volunteered...

We had a choice...as to whether we want to spend time with the kids outdoors 'or' to help them clean up their homes while they're out playing...

Of course outdoors lo...!!!
can't even keep my own tiny room clean...what else help the kids clean their home...
I should leave the job for someone else who can do it better...hehehehe...
and I reckon its better we monkeys go have fun with the kids outdoors... =p


So the day finally came....
(it was actually postponed from 09.08.2008 to 23.08.2008)
we were all so excited...
I got chosen into the "regisration" committee when I was suppose to be in the "treasure hunt" team...
ok..i know that sounds a little complicated...
let me try to explain myself better...


We held the event at The TTDI Rimba Kiara Park...
we had 2 main activities which is The Treasure Hunt & The Kids Explorace..
and I happened to be in The Treasure Hunt group....
However, amongst all, a few of us were chosen to help out with the registration part...hence I missed the briefing for the Treasure Hunt activity and ended up not doing anything for the Treasure Hunt activity....hahahahahha...


~Registration Counter~





Oh! before I proceed...
Also...there was another event held by Manulife just next to us...
yes...it was also for orphanages...
they started much earlier than us...so somehow their event looked more happening than ours...
their theme was "Kidolympics"...cos it was during the Olympic season....quite creative...
so they had Olympic mascots...they had the blown up slide for the kids to jump around...happening songs....happening emcee...
It was really really happening!!!

N our side pulak...lousy songs...wet...puddle of water around...
Kids who came early was sitting down restlessly looking at the kids the other side...
bet they wished they were the other side instead...ahahahha...


~see the huge thingy behind us?!? that's the blown up slide~
(had to cover line...take picture of the other side...wahahahha)



~the happening emcee and the mascot~



~the silly DHL employee who went over and took a picture with the Olympic mascot~
wahahahhaha!!!!


Ok...
enough bout the other event...


Actually...
our event turned out great as well...
The kids really enjoyed the explorace and the treasure hunt..


~Explorace~



We also had a fun time with Stanley the Clown....
the kids were awesome...they were dancing...impersonating Michael Jackson, Spiderman, Superman on stage....not shy at all...=P


~Stanley the Clown~



~Stanley keeping the adults & kids entertained~

Let's get retarded (ha), let's get retarded in here.
Let's get retarded (ha), let's get retarded in here.




~Following Stanley's dance move to the Chicken Little song~





We also had a face painting session...
Some of them were so cute...
"Auntie auntie!! I want to draw like Transformers!!! I want Dragon!!!"
er...auntie don't know how to draw dragon la sayang...wahhahahah!!


~Face painting Session~




"Auntie auntie...I also want!!! I want flower!!"


~hee!! =P~




~cheng cheng!!! I got 2 flowers!!!~


OOhhHHHh!!! How can I forget!!!
my shoe gave way...hardly can walk with it...
That's when my darling came to rescue...


lucky i have my slippers in me car...
my darling carried me the whole way..right up to me car...
so nice of her...sayang Banin!!!


Then we had buffet lunch as well...

~greedy greedy!!~



~after lunch effects~






Highlight of the day was when we got to spend some time with Joshua...
He is rather special compared to other kids...
He is 5....and he is really manja...
I was carrying him and he didn't want to get down....we were practically taking turns to carry him...
can you imagine the pain i had on my hands for the next few days...ahahahha...but it was all worth it...
so instead of carrying him around...we decided to seat down and yee lin bought him an ice cream...
He really enjoyed the ice cream...he keep telling us that he loves ice cream and the ice cream tasted so good...
The best part is...he is willing to share it with us....
He also mentioned that he is going to share the sticker he got that day with his friends back home....
What a sweet boy....




After that day...I kept imagining not having my parents....
and honestly...I can't imagine and I don't know how is it like not to have both your parents at such a young age....
All I know for sure its that growing up is gonna be so much more different for Joshua and the rest of the kids compared to what I had...
probably that was 1 of the many reasons why Joshua was so manja....

Its just so heart breaking sometimes....
but oh well...think of the brighter side...
at least they are cared for...at least they are not all alone on the streets...

We really should be thankful of what we have and not bitch bout what we should have...
because there are many who are not as fortunate as we are...


~Randon Pics~





















0 comments: