Sunday, December 14, 2008

Last day @ TaiPei 台北 Day 8

*sad face*
its our last day in Taipei...
our tour mates are all gone...
yeap...we extended our trip for shopping!!!!
so we're on our own...
no tour bus..no tour guide...just us..

but no worries...
we're like the MRT experts now..
and we blend in just fine with the locals...
no problem-0!!

so...
we woke up having only 1 thing on our minds...
S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G!!!!
we got up as early as we could...have our breakfast and..
XiMenDing...here we come!!!

It was to our horror to find out that shops in XiMenDing were closed...
then we finally found out from the locals that shops here operates from 11 am onwards..
*phew*
it was already bout 10.30...
so we decided to linger around...

then...

this image popped up inside everyone's head....

so we went back to....
for M0re!!!

and this time...
we do it the right way...
Satisfaction!!!
hahahhahahahah....

After that...
as it was still pretty early and the shops are just starting to open...
we wanted to find a place to sit down and have some drinks 1st...

it was in our itinerary to visit the famous 'Toilet Restaurant' in Taiwan...
and since they have a branch in XiMenDing...
we decided to go have a look and experience having chocolate ice cream in a mini toilet bowl...

ice cream on mini squatting bowl...chicken wings in mini bath tub...
"ice kacang" on squatting toilet bowl...


drinking from a urinal bottle....mmm~~~
yes..its a sink..to wash ur hands...
the water in the toilet bowl is actually gross...eewww....
but i must say..this is really very creative....

for some reasons..
the restaurant actually has a rule where every customer must have a minimum order of TWD 80...
I guess this is to prevent ppl who just go there...sit down...and not eat or drink anything...


ok...
so we're full...
quenched our thirst....
its time to shop like there's no tomorrow!!! =)

so the rest of the day is basically shop shop shop!!
I didn't take any pictures of the place we went to shop...
mind you...
having to focus and choose what's nice already driving me insane...
you think I have time to snap pictures!?!?
u must be kidding!!!

and i'm not exaggerating..
there indeed is that many things to shop!
besides XiMenDing...
we also went to the famous wholesale area in Taipei...
its like THE place to shop....
I would call it a Shopping Heaven!!!

even though its wholesales...
they do sell to individuals as well...
you are so spoiled with choices....and the price are rather reasonable...
its just irresistible!
you just gotta have em' all!!!

since we've got plenty of time...
we then decided to head back to XiMenDing to see if we missed out on anything...
true enough...we did!
and so there were plenty more buyings!!!
ehehehhehe...

our legs were all tired and aching by that time..
but Oh what the heck!
I'm not gonna give up now..
this is what I came for!!
and I shall accomplish that!!

It was like the highlight of the whole trip...
never shopped so much in 1 day b4...
and it was really satisfying!!
=p














0 comments: