Bro & I decided to take Dad out for dinner to celebrate his 53rd birthday...
As usual...
the planning and organising person will be me...
So I decided to bring them to El Cerdo...
It is a Spanish restaurant..specializing in pork dishes from around the world...
“El Cerdo”, means “The Pig” in Spanish...
So...
“Boquerones”
it is bacon stuffed with white wice marinated Anchovies, fried in olive oil, served on salad with tartar sauce....
&
“One Plate of 4 different Mini Sausages”
its 4 different kinds of homemade sausages...
*like Duh!*
&
Pork Ribs...
&
Roasted Suckling Pig!!!
“COCHINILLO AL ESTILO SEGOVIANO”
So..there's this Spanish tradition...
it seems...they took this recipe from a Spanish village..
and to show the crispiness of the suckling pig...
they use plates to "chop" it...
but before "chopping" the piglet...
you'll have to make a wish...
either for Money or Relationship...
being the cheeky & playful dad of mine...
he chose Relationship...
and my brother chose Money...hehehe..
after "chopping" the piglet...
the plates has to be broke to chase away bad luck...to bring good luck and for your wish to come true...
for money..you'll have to hold the plate at a 3 and 9 o'clock position..
for relationship...you'll have to hold the plate at the 6 and 7 o'clock position...(or was it 7 or 8?!?! can't remember...)
1...
2...
3....
*ppPPppriang!!!*
Yup...that's a wrap... =)
the food was good...
the company was great...
I enjoyed myself...
and I hope dad and the rest did as well...
hApPy BiRthdaY DaddY!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment