Today's the day...
My very first interview in Malaysia for a permanent job...
with DHL...@ Menara Telekom
I'll be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous...
but then again...it wasn't to the point where your hands start shaking or anything like that...
it was just sweating...ALOT!! (poor lady...she shook me sweaty hands..I'm sorry...can't help it)
Anyway...I registered myself with the lobby receptionist...and I had to register again at the DHL receptionist...
and boy are the lifts there confusing!!!
I did this really embarrassing thing at the lobby...
I pressed for the lift...waited...then the lift came...door opened...I went in..then realize...
"ei?!?!no level 27 wan?!!?"
then I had to come out of the lift...with almost half the people watching me...I think...
ARgH!!!!!!!!!!
and that's not the end...
I had to walk to the other end of the lobby...to another lift..
but this time...I decided to be a little smarter...
I saw this "handsome" guy...with his big DHL tag..and I asked him whether this lift will be able to take me to the 27th floor...
and he said Yes....
but after a few minutes...he say..No...you have to go down the elevator..then take the lift downstairs...cause this lift (the one upstairs) only goes to even floors...
I'm like ok...even people working here for sometime (I assume)...still gets confused...
that made me feel less...well I wouldn't say stupid...less embarrassed...yup..that's the word!!!
So...
finally I managed to make my way to the HR department....
filled in some forms...waited a while....(hands still sweating non-stop)
and the interview began....
Honestly...I was rather intimidated by the Hiring Manager who interviewed me...
She just has this vibe...
stern...straight and direct...don't mess with me or I won't give you the job kind...you know...
"So...tell me a little bit more about yourself....what are your strengths and weaknesses..."
Of course I'm a team player...I'm a hard worker...and I build relationships rather quickly with people I work with...bla bla bla...
Weaknesses?!?! are you kidding me?!?! of course I don't have any...
even if I have...of course I'm not just gonna hand my weaknesses over to them just like that....they'll have to figure it out themselves down the road...ngek ngek ngek....
"So...tell me what you know about the company..."
er...its a logistic company...and I'm Stuck!!!
shit!!! I read this online...but I can't remember....
but somehow I talked my way through...ehehehhe...
Then...after the interview...I met up with the Telemarketing Manager...
talked...make sure every thing's clear...
then she said..."you should be able to get good news from us in 2-3 days time"
So...yup...that's about it ler...my first interview experience...
Hopefully I do get good news...
*fingers cross*
Monday, February 18, 2008
DHL Express.
Posted by s h u t i n g at 11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment